MLCDC was selected to participate in the 8th Cohort of the Omaha Community Foundation Nonprofit Capacity Building program. This 24-month curriculum was designed to strengthen organizational and leadership capacity needs. Ten nonprofits in the greater Omaha area are chosen each year to participate in the class. Program components are: Assessment of each MLCDC’s capacity using the Nonprofit Association of the Midlands‘ Guidelines and Principles; monthly peer learning sessions to discuss best practices and challenges; executive coaching for executive directors; quarterly sessions focused on board of directors; and, $5,000 grant for nonprofits meeting the requirements of participation
- Latino Immigrants Are Changing the Politics of … Nebraska!: Organizing in Omaha and small towns with meatpacking plants is altering politics in this reddest of states.
- “A Foot In Each Culture” Challenges Young Nebraska Latinos
- National hotline aims to empower Latino communities against human trafficking.
- MLCDC will be part of a Nonprofit Capacity Building Class of 2018
- Melina’s Foods LLC gets help for commercial kitchen from MLCDC